Giving & Receiving Feedback
What’s the best way to achieve the skills, attitudes and behaviors you and your organization need? Feedback. Participants are invited to establish practical approaches for managing this, one of the most difficult professional skills, with genuine concern.
The overall goal of the session is to encourage participants to a level of professional conversation and relationship that positively impacts the organization’s bottom line—and show them how.
Experienced and inexperienced managers and employees will benefit. It is appropriate for an employee who is preparing for advancement within their organization.
BENEFITS to PARTICIPANTS and YOUR ORGANIZATION
1. Establish a personal professional core from which to give or receive feedback effectively.
RESULT: Balance, credibility and interpersonal effectiveness
2. Become skilled at the “Feedback Four-Step”—4 steps to take every time feedback is given.
RESULT: Confidence, clarity and receptivity for all parties involved
3. Understand and embody the dynamics of effective feedback: attitudes and behaviors that invite
each party to listen and understand, speak and be understood, and move ahead in agreement.
RESULT: Trust built, agreements established, accountability
4. Learn what conditions will nurture a “safe” environment in which mutual understanding
RESULT: Improved morale and alignment of goals with organizational needs
5. Acquire the ability to use a feedback format for on-the-spot situations.
RESULT: Improved performance and problem-solving
6. Obtain buy-in through a clear approach to individual goal setting.
RESULT: On-the-job growth; accountability and improved performance metrics
OPTIONAL CONTENT: Being effective in special feedback situations:
To learn more: 303.674.6455